INVEST IN A PROPERTY AND OBTAIN A RESIDENCE PERMIT OF PORTUGAL - AN EU MEMBER STATE
This Golden Visa programme launched by the Portuguese authorities is a fast track for investors to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal and consequently free access to the vast majority of European countries (Schengen Area).
The Golden Visa Program sets out that the investor must comply with general requirements applicable to all types of qualifying investments
and also with the specific requirements of each type of qualifying investment. In general, all investors have to comply with the following
- Real Estate Investment of at least €280 000;
- Keep the investment for a minimum period of 5 years
- Absence of conviction of relevant crime
- Minimum stay in Portugal: 7 days during the 1st year and 14 days during each subsequent period of 2 years
Advantages of the Golden Visa Programme:
- Visa exemption: It is not necessary to obtain a visa to enter Portugal and to travel to and within Europe (Schengen area)
- Stay In Portugal: Live and work in Portugal. After 5 years, you could apply for permanent residence and possibly citizenship.
- Bring your family: Residence permit extended to dependent family members
- Come and go as you please: Extremely low minimum stay periods (average 7 days a year)