IMMIGRATE To Canada, British Columbia
Entrepreneur Base Category
WORK PERMIT STREAM
You will have to start and manage your business (or buy an existing one) in that Province.
Eligibility Requirements based on recent invitations to apply sent by the BC government
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of CAN$600 000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- have at least a two-year post-secondary diploma;
- be within 25-54 years of age at the time of application;
- have at least 3 years of business ownership experience or 5 years as a senior manager in connection with the business to be created in the past 10 years;
- meet the minimum language requirement (English or French) equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 5;
- intend to live and work in BC while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your BC-based company;
- invest a minimum of CAN$200 000 into the business (owning at least 33.3%) and create at least one full-time job;
- Processing time frame: Approximately 4 months to get the Working Permit to start working in Canada; generally, after12 months of business activities, you can apply for the Permanent residency (which takes around12 months to obtain).